About the CoronaVirus
Our Dear Patients:
One month ago, we started seeing you back, our lovely friends and families, for non-elective dental procedures. We can't express how much excited we were to see your smiling faces again. Most of you commented on how happy they were to be able to be seen and how much safe they felt with our enhanced PPE and infection control mechanisms.
Timonium Family Dentistry would like to thank you for your cooperation, patience and understanding with those mechanisms. Please Know that we are committed to the same exceptional and compassionate care that we have always provided. Your safety and health continue to be our top priority! So while we may look slightly different and have a few different routines, we are still your dental office family and we will always help you create the smile you have always deserved.
If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know.
here are some recommendations/steps/requests we will do/ask from you before and at your dental visit:
- If you are showing any signs or symptoms of Covid-19 please refrain from coming to your appointment. Please inform us of that as soon as you can.
- We are scheduling patients so that there will not be more than three people waiting in our big waiting room. Still, please call the office shortly before arriving or once you are in the parking lot. If you get to the voicemail, please don't leave a message and just please present to the office. Upon presenting to the office, if you find three people waiting in the waiting room please just advise the front desk person of your arrival and please wait in your car. We will call you as soon as possible to come up to the office.
- We ask you that you wear a mask upon presenting to the office and not to take it off until asked to do so by our office personnel.
- Once you present to the front desk your temperature will be taken with a contact-less thermometer.
- You will notice HEPA-Class air purifiers in the waiting room and the clinical area. Even though they are not required or recommended yet by CDC or ADA as the virus is not proven yet to be transmitted by air, those filters/air purifiers are proven to be able to filter down particles smaller from Coronavirus, from the air.
- As always, our staff are disinfecting all surfaces regularly. In the clinical area all surfaces are cleaned and disinfected between patients, as has always been the case.
- Our hygienists might mostly do your teeth cleaning with hand scaling instead of the ultrasonic scaler. This is to avoid putting our hygienists at statistically greater risk of contacting the virus if there is deficiency in their PPE, whether through human error or manufacturing error.